If you’re a fan of the Skylanders franchise, then this year’s San Diego Comic Con will have a nice treat ready for you. Appearing for the first time at San Diego Comic Con, Activision Blizzard, Inc. will bring fans of this franchise a preview of the new additions to the Skylanders universe, which includes new toys and hands-on Skylanders Trap Team gameplay. Attendees will be able to check out the new Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack toys and will even be able to pre-order the Starter Packs at the Skylanders Booth. For those unable to attend can visit major retailers today to pre-order the new Skylander line.
The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition will release in North America on October 5 and features the Ultimate Kaos Trap: a special, larger-sized Trap to capture Skylands’ #1 villain. It will also include two Traps, exclusive black and silver variant designs of new characters Snap Shot, Wildfire and Food Fight, a two-sided ultimate collector poster, sticker sheets, and trading cards. The Skylanders Trap Team Dark Edition Starter Pack will be available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and Nintendo’s Wii and Wii U systems for a suggested retail price of $99.
The following Skylanders related activities will be occurring throughout San Diego Comic Con:
Thursday, July 24 – “Skylanders: The Creative Process of Bringing Toys to Life” (Room 7AB): This panel will be moderated by Geoff Keighley and will offer a unique experience to learn about the beloved Toys-to-Life franchise. Guest speakers will include comic book writer Ron Marz, voice actor Richard Horvitz, and Toys for Bob’s Director of Toy and Character Development, I-Wei Huang. There will be a major announcement about new Skylanders characters and giveaways, while supplies last, as well as a Skylanders Costume Contest where Activision will award more than $5,000 in cash prizes and rare toys to the best Skylanders costumes.
Sunday, July 27 – Special Kids Day Activities (various locations):
– 10 AM (Room 4): Kids can get a sneak peek into the Skylanders comic book at IDW’s Kids Comics Panel
– Kids can play the game at the Skylanders Trap Team First-To-Play Tour in the Interactive Zone and may receive special giveaways, while supplies last.
– Fans can stop by the Penguin Publishing Booth to pick up a limited edition Skylanders activity poster, while supplies last.
Skylanders Show Floor (Booth #303): Check out the new Skylanders Trap Team toys, receive giveaways (while supplies last) and pose with some of your favorite Skylanders, including the #1 villian Kaos.
Skylanders Comic Book, IDW Publishing (Booth #2643): Attendees will have a chance to purchase a limited variant cover edition of the new introductory comic that features a 16-page prequel story for this year’s Skylanders Trap Team.
Rubie’s Costumes (Booth #3649): Fans can get a sneak peek at the new Skylanders Halloween costumes available this fall.
Mad Libs Pop-Up Shop (Booth #4612): Stop by and purchase the popular Skylanders Universe Mad Libs, featuring over 20 original stories.
There will also be many First Public Hands-on Opportunities with giveaways at various locations:
– Skylanders Trap Team First-To-Play Tour kicks off in the Interactive Zone at Petco Park’s Lexus Premier Lot (no SDCC badge required);
– Nintendo Gaming Lounge at the San Diego Ballroom, Marriott Marquis & Marina (No SDCC badge required);
– Xbox Lounge in the Manchester Grand Hyatt at 1 Market Place (SDCC badge required) where you’ll have a chance to win a collectible Skyanders-themed Xbox One.
What announcements are you looking forward to finding out about for Skylanders at San Diego Comic Con? Tell us below and don’t forget to follow us on twitter @APGNation to stay updated on info and special giveaways.