Those looking for new adventure in the stunning science fiction universe of Destiny will have a lot to look forward to with the upcoming release of the game’s first expansion “The Dark Below.” This update, which will cost gamers $19.99, brings new content to the game and raises the level cap to allow for even faster gunplay and combat.
“Destiny is and always has been a long-term vision for us,” said Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie. “An important part of that vision includes listening to the community as we shape what comes next. Since launch, we’ve made significant real-time improvements to the game based on player feedback, and our first Expansion will include the things people want more of in the Destiny universe. These are new activities, gear and weapons, along with another fan-favorite Raid, that expand the gameplay experience.”
For a complete list of new the new content that “The Dark Below” will bring to Destiny, check out the list below:
- New Loot – Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including new Legendary and Exotic items.
- Level Increase – Raise your Light Level to 32.
- New Story Missions and Quests – Journey through new Hive-themed story missions and quests where you are tasked with stopping the resurrection of an ancient god, Crota.
- New cooperative Strike – The Will of Crota pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota.
- New six-player Raid – Assemble your six-player Fireteam to attempt Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth with all-new gameplay mechanics and enemy bosses.
- New competitive multiplayer arenas:
- Pantheon – Set in an ancient Vex temple inside the Black Garden that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock – An old interplanetary defense array that offers engagements for both vehicle and infantry
- The Cauldron – An abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow – Players that purchase and redeem the Destiny Expansion Pass or Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below by January 15, 2015 will receive the EV-30 Tumbler Sparrow, enabling its riders to drive fast, take flight, and perform a set of mid-air tricks.
- PlayStation® Exclusive Content* – PlayStation® players will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and exclusive exotic weapon, The 4th Horseman shotgun
Want more gaming news and reviews? Be sure to follow @APGNation on Twitter! Excited about this first expansion to Destiny? Itching to gather your Fireteam back up and maybe find that Wizard on the Moon? Let us know in the comments below!