Japanese game developers 5pb., Inc. and Mages popular beat em’ up Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive is coming to the PlayStation 4 this summer. Previously released on the Xbox One and PC last year, the brawler lets player chose from one of the four different characters and battled their way across multiple stages and hundreds of waves of ruthless and expendable foes. Also to the four heroes, players will also be able to play as Steins;Gate heroine Makise Karisu via DLC that will available as soon as the game hits the PSN.
The PS4 version of the game will also feature several new tweaks to Phantom Breaker‘s symphony of cartoon violence:
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization: Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos: Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes: Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items: Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music: Incredible retro-styled arrangements now leveled up by the PS4!
Phantom Breaker will arrive on the PS4 later this summer and will retail for $14.99. The Makise Karisu DLC, which hits the same day as the game, will hit PSN at a price point of $5.99.
For more gaming news and reviews, make sure to follow us on Twitter @APGNation.