Kingdom Come: Deliverance‘s Alpha will receive a massive update this week that will bring new features to the medieval sim’s already expansive pre-release build. Among the new features are an improved combat system in which players can aim at five different points on a foe’s body, six new quests with full English language voice-over, and a new map four times bigger than in previous updates. A full list of the changes coming along with the Alpha can be found below:
- Unique sword combat system created and designed with medieval arts experts, to give a real sense of 15th century fighting techniques. Players can now try to master the Longsword, seven different attacks and five special combos. They can now try to defeat opponents of different levels while taking into account the following features:
- Aiming at five different body parts.
- Managing stamina for improved parrying or attacks.
- Using special technics such as half-swording, pommel strikes, clinch, etc.
- Punching, Kicking or pushing to the ground opponents.
- Defeating, protections from leather to full plate armor. Each requiring special tactics and Technics.
- Map expansion: four times bigger than the previous update, with new locations, including Merhojed village, an army camp with proving grounds, shooting range and a secret stash guarded by Cuman raiders.
- Seven additional quests including English voice-overs.
- Experience new features like alchemy, lock picking, archery or grave digging.
- New languages: We are releasing German and French subtitles today!
More about the update and future content for Kingdom Come will be revealed at Gamescom in Germany later this year, while the final version of game itself will launch for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC in the summer of 2016.