In today’s indie spotlight, we take a look at Cherry Star Asteroid Smasher, a sidescrolling action game from Mexican developer Mars Studios. This mobile title takes inspiration from old-school video games and combines it with aesthetic of anime from the end of the twentieth century to create a look and feel all its own. Within this nostalgic world, players then take the role of psychic spacewomen Cherry Star and must use her psychic powers to defeat the evil entity ZEA and save the universe.
For a closer look, gander down below at a list of the game’s features straight from Mars Studios:
• An epic story narrated as comic.
• Fight against hundreds of alien invaders through different space stages.
• Make quick touches on the screen to destroy with ZEA all your enemies and move Cherry to strategic places so she’s not hurt by the enemy attacks.
• Use the energy field of Cherry to protect her, use it wisely.
• Use Cherry’s superpower, an attack certain to succeed and defeat all the enemies on your way.
• Fight against robots and enemy ships, Dodge comets and asteroid fragments so to confront the final boss at the end of each level.
• But be careful! Avoid the long distance attacks of the final boss.
• Enjoy the quick and dynamic strategic gameplay.
• Awesome music and SFX.
• Discover the unbelievable pixel art graphics, textures, particle system, enemies and AI.
We’ll have a proper review of this intriguing title sometime in the future, but you can form a verdict of your own right now by downloading Cherry Star on the Google Play now.