Silent Hills Forever Silenced

Following in the wake of the unfortunate split between Kojima Productions and Konami, fans were left wondering what would happen to the next big thing planned for the Silent Hill franchise. Guillermo Del Toro and Hideo Kojima had planned to collaborate on something that would have proved to be nothing short of horrifying—as indicated by the haunting “Practical Teaser” or “P.T.” for short. It has sadly been confirmed by several various credible sources that Silent Hills is definitely dead in the water.

The first signs of the cancellation began as rumors, with a photojournalist named Matthew Hackney posting a Tweet supposedly quoting Guillermo Del Toro’s comment on Silent Hills at the San Francisco Film Festival. Norman Reedus, best known for his role as Daryl from The Walking Dead, then responded to an article on the matter, apologizing to all his followers. Further credence was lent to the idea of Silent Hills‘ cancellation via a notice on the official P.T. Japanese website that says “The distribution period of ‘P.T. (Playable Teaser)’ on PlayStation Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.” This coupled with the rumor tweets lead people to believe that Silent Hills was cancelled.

84371977a56a5b28cf7a8cb61a02c605199330d8.jpg__620x349_q85_crop_upscale

Sadly these assumptions have come to be verified as accurate. On Monday, Gamespot was told by Konami that their contract with Norman Reedus for the upcoming Silent Hills had expired. Gamespot Reached out to Konami for further clarification on the issue, and received a statement about the future of Silent Hills, and the news isn’t good—confirming our worst fears of the project’s life-signs. “Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however, the embryonic Silent Hills project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued.” Konami also added that the Silent Hill franchise will continue to be developed by them.

As to the future of P.T’s accessibility, it is still unknown whether Konami plan to remove it altogether from the Playstation Network, or if it will remain in people’s download lists—still being available to access for those who previously owned it. Those that have yet to experience this maelstrom of horrific madness should go get it while they still can. It’s a game every PS4 owner should experience at least once.

To remain up to date or if you just like what we at the Nation do, go follow us on APGNation. Thanks for reading.

Tabitha Dickerson

Welcome to the sovereignty of our nation. I am Tabitha Dickerson. I am currently 26 years old
First introduced to the world of “vidya” at the ripe old age of four—my first console was a Sega MegaDrive (Genesis).

The only game I had for a number of years was Sonic 2. Upon becoming extremely proficient at that, I moved onto games like Spiderman/Venom Separation Anxiety, Maximum carnage, Toy Story and many more. My next console was a Playstation where I developed my love for all things Sony, increasingly becoming obsessed with anything JRPG related.

I studied photography and the entertainment industry after completing my HSC. I have joined The Nation with a view to providing the best possible objective news coverage and accurate reviews possible. I also write for Highland Arrow from time to time as well as covering and reviewing naughty things for LewdGamer.

Hopefully I can help grow the Nation as well as acquire further experience, waffling on about an industry and a media that I absolutely adore. Currently own every major console.

Have your say!

0 0